Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Report Card and a Missing Tooth

Mason got his first progress report/report card last week. I am so proud of him! There are only 3 levels, S-Satisfactory, NI-Needs Improvement and something else I can't remember. He got all S with one NI for needs to participate in class discussions more. He's very quiet in class. Not so quiet anywhere else, but in class he is. Here are the teacher's comments. The line I like best is "Uses time in class wisely." Hopefully that continues throughout the years and he's not stuck with hours of homework like his cousin who wastes time in class is.


Mason had to do a class presentation of a "ME Bag." The bag was to contain items that are special to him and he had to explain why. He got a B on the pesentation. It's hard to see what the scoring guide says but he had Level 3 on everything and Level 4 on establishes consistent eye contact with the audience. The other categories were he is prepared and has noticeably practiced, he shows good understanding of the topic, the requirements are complete and he speaks clearly most of the time.


On October 9th, Mason's tooth fell out. I suspect it had more than a little help from Mason. I can't believe how different he looks with a hole in his smile! He put the tooth in a kleenex in a little box under his pillow and when he went to show Daddy the tooth in the morning, it wasn't there! $5 was in the box instead! He shouldn't expect the Tooth Fairy to give him $5 every time, but for the first tooth, she's quite generous.

Today, October 15th I went with Mason on a school field trip to the pumpkin patch. Here he is with a little pumpkin he got to pick out and take home.

And a picture of Graham. Poor Graham, there's just not much happening for him right now. But wait until the spring when he goes on his first soccer team!

Well, I guess that's it from here. I should be doing work around the house, but I'm not!

No comments: